For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is looking for a Portfolio Officer in new media-entertainment lending.
- Cross-sell deposit, trade, treasury management, foreign exchange, private banking, asset management, and other services to our existing client base as well as prospects.
- Work with credit analyst in reviewing existing credits
- Perform other administrative duties required for the maintenance of a portfolio of clients
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established EWB credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- As appropriate to experience, co-manage commercial relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as aggressively managing the client relationship
- Responsible for credit risk and quality of the portfolio.
- Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate.
- Partner with the relationship manager as the point of a contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the credit department, the commercial support staff and other internal business partners.
- May provide advice and counsel to clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment, capital markets and general banking trends.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts. May assume overall responsibility for the credit quality of the loan portfolio.
- May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank’s loan approval process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
- Manage the renewal process by working with the relationship manager the client and the credit department.
- May act as a contact manager for non-borrowing accounts and loan clients for matters relating to other banking services.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region’s marketplace.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and directly related experience
- Has 3-6 years of banking experience with a minimum of 1-2 years of direct portfolio management experience
- Team player, self-starter and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates strong underwriting and projection skills
- Has strong understanding of credit policy and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate loans/credits, evaluates both cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits
- Has strong knowledge base in Treasury, FX and Derivative products and have demonstrated abilities in coordinating the resources of the back to bring effective full service solutions to the company