For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. Our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, technology, and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re currently ranked among the 30 largest banks in the U.S. and top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
- Assisting in financial modelling in achieving the following objectives:
- Develop, implement and manage holistic strategies for modeling (design, development, validation, calibration, documentation, implementation, monitoring and reporting).
- Provide financial and analytical, modeling expertise to build, run and improve quantitative models.
- Identify or address potential process gaps or process improvements including: data model structure and use, policy governance and other quantitative tools. Effectively challenge the model's conceptual soundness, assumptions, and appropriateness of model methodology.
- Maintain and validate financial models to serve documentation and analytical needs.
- Assembling, compiling, and analyzing information, and resolving errors/inconsistencies in data from financial reporting systems. Work in collaboration with business groups to ensure the accuracy of data.
- Designing queries and manipulating large volumes of data to create reporting to identify and interpreting business trends.
- Developing, preparing, reconciling, and modifying recurring and ad-hoc financial schedules and related notes for management reporting. Documentation includes but is not limited to data needed for 10Q and 10K reports, internal and external audit activities, and ALCO reports.
- Responsible for operations, monitoring, financial analysis and management reporting for various loan portfolio and investments.
- Identifying, researching and proposing changes to operating procedures and policies to effectuate positive impact
- Performing other analysis and research assignments as directed.
- Performing all other job duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Finance,
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field and/or a professional certification directly related to financial risk management (such as CFA, FRM) is a strong plus.
- Experience with diagnostic testing of statistical models is strongly preferred, especially the ability to identify and recommend the substantive changes that are needed to address any problems identified in diagnostic testing.
- Proficiency with statistical software program (e.g., Stata, SAS, SPSS, R)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with VBA, Tableau and/or SOL is a major plus.
- Strong analytical and math skills a must. Enthusiastic about solving large, complicated problems and challenges
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Ability to meet tight timelines and prioritize workloads
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting