For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. Our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, technology, and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re currently ranked among the 30 largest banks in the U.S. and top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
This position helps implementing East West Bank enterprise-wide data and information architecture to support business intelligence and data warehouse efforts. Responsibilities will include implementation of physical database, data & user security; SSRS reporting, and building visual dashboard using Tableau. Help the Bank adopt and organize data. He or she will improve existing systems to make it easier to manage and deliver information. Combining their knowledge of technology and business management to deliver state-of-the-art business intelligence solutions, improve efficiency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of hands on experience working with large scale databases
- Basic understanding and experience of data modeling, data management, ETL and BI
- Design, develop and maintain reports, ad hoc queries and analytical tools.
- Produce metrics and other report objects and components.
- Perform ongoing monitoring, automation and refinement of reports and BI solutions.
- Perform daily monitoring of data loads, automated production reports and automated report distributions through email.
- Work with BI Management to identify and resolve data related issues.
- Work with business departmental teams to help them define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports.
- Participate in process reviews and enhancements.
- Provide analysis and issue resolution on business reported concerns.
- Participate in design and delivery of dashboards and various self-service business intelligence solutions.
- Enforces established documentation guidelines and best practices.
- Maintains a high degree of business functional knowledge and current automated technologies and tools.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures concerning all confidential information including but not limited to internal use and restricted information
- Requires 3 years of SQL Server BI development (SSRS/SSIS) experience
- Solid T-SQL knowledge SQL query development using MS SQL 2008 and 2012
- Thorough understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Good business understanding and ability to convert complex business needs into efficient and accurate queries
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and to work well under pressure
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced teamwork environment and dealing with a variety of people
- Banking systems or loan servicing experience.
- Team Foundation Server or a similar source control software experience.
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools (i.e. SAS, Tableau, Business Objects, PowerView)
- Technical skills:
- C#, VB.NET
- R Integration with Tableau