For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. Our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, technology, and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re currently ranked among the 30 largest banks in the U.S. and top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a Branch Manager. This position is responsible for business development and bank product sales. The BM manages the branch using effective strategies to make sure that annual branch goals are met. He/she also provides exceptional customer service to all clients, works with other product managers to refer bank products to business partners, and maintains adherence to all policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving an increasingly profitable market.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the overall activities and operations of a full-service branch office, including tracking and monitoring sales and customer service performance against established plans and objectives
- Communicate with existing and potential customers in the branch and through outside solicitation efforts to introduce products and services to new consumers and commercial businesses
- Solicit customers, businesses, communities, and civic organizations to generate new business; conduct sales, service and product training for staff
- Develop branch business plan to ensure maximum profitability for targeted banking products
- Ensure that procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities are performed
- Prepare financial and regulatory reports required by law, regulations, and senior management
- Represent the bank at community functions and community organizations to market and promote bank products and services
- Oversee performance management of branch staff; manages one or more subordinate supervisors who supervise other employees throughout the branch
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of functional/professional experience
- 3 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training including strong commercial lending or product knowledge
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret balance sheets
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, customers and the general public