For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. Our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, technology, and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re currently ranked among the 30 largest banks in the U.S. and top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) who will be responsible for supporting the Branch Manager (BM) in leading a branch team to achieve sales, service and operational excellence. The ABM will assist in building and expanding commercial and retail sales relationships along with being accountable for branch sales results. The ABM will also assist in mentoring and developing branch operations staff.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving an increasingly profitable market.
- Reinforce East West Bank’s Vision, Mission, and Values through words and actions
- Work directly with customers to build relationships and uncover and satisfy their financial needs
- Achieve operational excellence at all times by ensuring that ALL staff members comply with Bank Policies and Procedures, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (privacy), Fair Lending regulations, and other state and federal regulations
- Ensure the branch achieves the highest level of efficiency by overseeing daily operational performance of Customer Service Leads, Senior Customer Service Representatives and Customer Service Representatives
- Enhance customer satisfaction by consistently engaging and connecting with customers to exceed service expectations in a timely manner and by effectively resolving problems
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor the overall activities and operations of the branch
- Perform the Branch Manager’s supervisory and operational responsibilities during his/her absence by making sound decisions and motivating team members to build exceptional teamwork through maintaining a winning attitude and positive behavior
- Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Get involved with local organizations and participate in local community events to introduce and expand East West Bank’s relationships and reputation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years previous management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- May manage one or more subordinate supervisors who supervise employees through the branch
- Commercial lending experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to communicate clearly with customers
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Ability to build effective relationships with customers, staff and members of the community
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills