For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $38.1 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is looking for a Project Portfolio Methodology Manager. The Project Portfolio/Methodology Manager leads two critical practice areas in the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). First, project portfolio management (PPM) or the centralized management of our EPMO portfolio to enable executive management to meet organizational goals and objectives through efficient decision making and maximizing returns on the project portfolio. Secondly, EPMO project methodology management which provides project teams with a consistent and repetitive set of guiding processes and standards to initiate, manage, and control individual projects.
Primary Responsibilities – Project Portfolio Management
- Leads deployment and adoption of PPM process, tools, and templates.
- Provides ongoing PPM mentoring and coaching support to assist implementation of the PPM methodology, working closely with project sponsors, managers, and team members to increase knowledge and elevate performance through one-on-one coaching.
- Collects project portfolio inventory with assistance from Project Controls Analyst
- Champions the EPMO process for project selection and prioritization.
- Develops, tracks, and reports PPM metrics.
- Leads bank-wide portfolio prioritization and reprioritization reviews for all enterprise projects all in the U.S and Greater China, including business projects with or without an IT component.
- Assist EPMO Director to track and manage dependencies across multiple projects; leads escalation processes to make issues visible to stakeholders and leadership; drives resolution of dependency issues through the process.
Primary Responsibilities – Project Methodology Management
- Develops and maintains standardized project management methodology, processes, templates, guidelines, and procedures.
- Develops project repository standards.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for currently deployed EPMO project management processes and tools; mentors and provides guidance/training to project teams on formal project methodologies.
- Proactively identifies process improvement opportunities. Drives continuous process improvement via post-project reviews.
- Coordinates with Project Managers to insure all new projects are complying with the approved EPMO standard procedures.
- Leads the Bank’s overall project stage gate review process, through conducting readiness assessments to identifying gaps in readiness throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensures appropriate project hand-off and closure occurs, including holding the final post mortem / lessons learned sessions, and leveraging learnings to improve cross-team project practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership: Significant experience in an EPMO leadership role; ability to engage with senior leaders to represent the EPMO and defend governance practices to maintain alignment with the Bank’s objectives and priorities.
- Program and Project Governance: Deep subject matter expertise in managing a complex portfolio encompassing both formalized programs, projects, and out-of-cycle requests.
- Data Analysis/Interpretation: Ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and program evaluation.
- Program and Project Management: Ability to manage projects to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria) to establish clear goals and accountabilities. Also includes the ability to develop project plans, allocate resources, identify potential issues/risks and develop contingency plans.
- Key Performance Measures: Significant experience in developing comprehensive performance measures and metrics by which to assess program and project performance, looking at the Bank’s objectives and strategies, cost/spend data, quality, schedule, resources, return on investment, and other measurement variables. Leads performance review engagements.
- Program Lifecycle Disciplines: Strong knowledge of the integrated systems lifecycle development utilizing different – and sometimes – multiple development models (e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.)
- Project Management Software: Proficiency in project scheduling and enterprise project management software applications which support the goals of the EPMO.
- BA/BS in Business, Technology, or related field
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
- Agile certification preferred
- Six Sigma and Lean certification preferred