For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of Commercial Banking relationships. Primary responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of loan requests, recommending structure, as well as identifying cross selling/referring opportunities of other services.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Assisting Relationship Manager in underwriting and managing and Structuring commercial lines, owner occupied real estate transactions, commercial mortgages according to the Bank establish guidelines and policies
- Ongoing monitoring of credit/Covenant Compliance
- Analyze and create financial loan write-ups to generate new loans.
- Manage the renewal process by working with the Relationship Manager, the client and the credit department including increase/amendment/waiver
- Partner with the Relationship Manager as the point of contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the Commercial support staff and other internal business partners
- Ensure compliance with EWB regulatory and credit requirements.
- Assist in accurately risk rating loans/credits.
- Develop problem loan credit solutions.
- Work with credit analyst in reviewing existing credits
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established EWB credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- As appropriate to experience, co-manage commercial relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as aggressively managing the client relationship
- Responsible for credit risk and quality of the portfolio.
- Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate.
- As appropriate with experience, assist in the development of junior bankers, credit analysts, and relationship associates.
- May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's Loan Approval Process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
- Perform other administrative duties required for the maintenance of a portfolio of clients.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and directly related experience
- Ideally has 5-7 years of banking experience with a minimum of 3-4 years of direct portfolio management experience
- Demonstrates strong underwriting and projection skills
- Has strong understanding of credit policy and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate loans/credits, evaluates both cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits
- Develop problem loan credit solutions.
- Has strong knowledge base in Treasury, FX and Derivative products and have demonstrated abilities in coordinating the resources of the bank to bring effective full service solutions to the company.