For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
To meet personally with clients to assess their financial situation in order to present a financial plan that includes both short- and long-term financial goals. Consultants will help clients with financial planning decisions for retirement, education, day-to-day expenses and investments. They will meet regularly with clients to assess how life changes such as marriage, job change or the birth of a child will affect the client's financial plan.
Duties (not limited to):
- Assesses clients' financial situation by gathering information regarding investments, asset allocation, savings, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning, evaluating risk tolerance.
- Markets services by asking for referrals from current clients, meeting prospects at community functions, responding to inquiries, developing promotions, presenting financial planning seminars.
- Develops financial strategies by guiding client to establish financial goals, matching goals to situation with appropriate financial plans.
- Obtains clients' commitment by explaining proposed financial plans and options, explaining advantages and risks, providing explanations, alleviating concerns, answering questions.
- Monitors clients' financial situation by tracking changes in wealth and life circumstances, analyzing financial plan results, identifying and evaluating new financial strategies, recommending changes in goals and plans.
- Provides financial management information by preparing financial status analyses and reports.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking financial markets, general economic conditions, and new financial products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional and technical publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Consultants may be required to be licensed to buy and sell financial products such as insurance policies, stocks and bonds.
- May be required to travel or to work non-traditional hours to meet with clients in their homes or businesses.
- Consultants may be asked to offer financial planning classes or seminars to reach out to potential clients.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor or graduate degree in accounting, finance, business or management
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Financial Planning/Consulting, Financial Strategy, Analysis and Business
- Financial licenses/state registration as required (L&H, FINRA Series 7 and 66)
- Financial Software knowledge
- Experience in Corporate Finance, Financial Diagnosis, Financial Operations a plus
- Travel required (between branches or conduct business meetings offsite with client)