For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
The Fraud Investigator reports directly to the Fraud Investigations Assistant Manager or Fraud Investigations Team Lead. Schedule flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, including occasional weekends, as needed to meet the needs of the department are required. Seeking a self-motivated individual with the ability to adapt to changing priorities. Must be analytical and focused with the ability to analyze documents and reports. A degree of creativity and lateral thinking is expected.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Investigate suspected fraud events and reduce potential loss exposure by being compliant with applicable policies and procedures
- Review detection reports that monitor suspicious activity
- Conduct analysis and research of account activity to assess levels of risk and detect fraudulent activity
- Utilize bank systems, resources, policies and procedures to evaluate accounts and situations that may require unique treatment and a specialized approach
- Interview victims, witnesses and/or suspects in order to obtain details of an incident
- Recommend actions related to the accounts and relationships
- Provide guidance to business partners to ensure appropriate actions are taken to mitigate losses and loss exposure
- Create and submit appropriate internal and external reporting of suspicious/fraudulent activity
- Assist department staff with daily work as necessary to keep department responsibilities within service level agreements
- Identify inaccuracies, inefficiencies or deviations and work with Fraud Investigations Assistant Manager or Fraud Investigations Team Lead to address
- May assist with validation testing for various departmental risk processes and technological upgrades
- Meet departmental goals satisfactorily
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- 1-2 years of experience in loss prevention/fraud investigation, preferably with a financial institution
- Experience with Check Fraud Claims
- Possess knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC Laws/Regulations and comply with these laws and regulations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks while consistently meeting deadlines and delivering quality work
- Demonstrated success in a customer service role that included a commitment to exceptional service for internal and external contacts