East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking a Private Client Advisor. The Private Client Advisor will encompass both a job of a Financial Advisor and a Private Banker, and will assist clients with financial planning decisions for retirement, education, day-to-day expenses, investments, banking and lending needs. To meet personally with clients to assess their financial situation in order to present a financial plan that includes both short- and long-term financial goals. They will meet regularly with clients to assess how life changes such as marriage, job change, growth of business or the birth of a child will affect the client's financial plan.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Assesses clients' financial situation by gathering information regarding investments, asset allocation, savings, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning, evaluating risk tolerance.
- Assesses client's source of wealth, growth of business, lending needs and creative financing to further grow and expand their wealth.
- Target High Net Worth clients and cash deposits, make East West Bank their primary bank
- Markets services by asking for referrals from current clients, meeting prospects at community functions, responding to inquiries, developing promotions, presenting financial planning seminars.
- Develops financial strategies by guiding client to establish financial goals, matching goals to situation with appropriate financial plans.
- Obtains clients' commitment by explaining proposed financial plans and options, explaining advantages and risks, providing explanations, alleviating concerns, answering questions.
- Monitors clients' financial situation by tracking changes in wealth and life circumstances, analyzing financial plan results, identifying and evaluating new financial strategies, recommending changes in goals and plans,
- Provides financial management information by preparing financial status analyses and reports.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking financial markets, general economic conditions, and new financial products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional and technical publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Consultants may be required to be licensed to buy and sell financial products such as insurance policies, stocks and bonds,
- May be required to travel or to work non-traditional hours to meet with clients in their homes or businesses.
- Consultants may be asked to offer financial planning classes or seminars to reach out to potential clients.
- Performs additional duties as required
- Bachelor or graduate degree in accounting, finance, business or management
- Minimum 5-7+ years' experience in Financial Planning/Consulting, Financial Strategy and Analysis
- Travel required (between branches or conduct business meeting with clients)
- Required FINRA Series 7, 66 licenses and life and health licenses. (If you do not currently hold the licenses, an offer can be extended with the condition that a passing score is received for the missing series within 90 days.)
- Financial Software knowledge
- Experience in Corporate Finance, Financial Diagnosis, Financial Operations a plus EEOC
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer.