For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for creative, entrepreneurial, team-oriented talents who bring intensity and integrity, intellectual curiosity and leadership potential to our team. East West Bank is currently seeking a Branch Manager to work in a fast paced banking environment.
The candidate will lead the branch team to meet and exceed overall sales, services, and operational targets. The candidate must be self-sufficient, able to adjust to flexible hours, and have the ability to sell products and services. Duties (not limited to):
- Consistently demonstrate East West Bank’s customer service standards.
- Work directly with customers to build relationships, uncover, and satisfy their financial needs
- Communicate existing and potential customers to explain products and services and actively solicit and generate new business.
- Motivate employees by incorporating the Bank’s vision and the branch goals into daily communications and by recognizing and rewarding staff for their contributions.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor the overall activities and operations of the branch
- Develop branch annual business plan with Regional Manager’s to ensure maximum profitability and effectiveness
- Determine performance appraisal and ratings, deliver performance reviews to subordinates, and recommend merit increase amounts for all direct reports.
- Direct and coordinate activities to implement East West’s policies, procedures, and practices concerning granting or extending lines of credit, real estate loans, and consumer credit loans.
- Contact customers and community and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business; represent the bank at community functions and to community organizations in order to promote awareness of the bank’s products and services.
- Prepare reports required by law, regulations, and senior management.
- Adhere to and enforce all branch policies, procedures, and compliance regulations, including but not limited to anti-money laundering, US Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, fraud protection, security procedures, and privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) required
- Minimum of 3 years of branch management experience is required
- Commercial lending & commercial deposit background is required
- Ability to achieve annual goals through business generation of C&I, CRE, Multifamily Mortgages, SBA, Treasury Management, Deposit, Investment, Cross-Border and other commercial and consumer products offered through East West Bank
- Ability to build effective relationships with customers, staff and members of community
- Demonstrated leadership to motivate and coach employees to provide superior customer service to achieve sales goal
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Active (Life, Series 66 or Series 7)
- Passion to grow your financial knowledge