East West Bank is currently seeking a Portfolio Manager in Houston, for its Energy Finance Group. This role is responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of Energy Banking relationships to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process and product, retention and expansion of existing client relationship and net growth in relationships. The position will work closely with the energy team management, lenders, petroleum engineer technicians, bank engineers and energy clients in a “consultative” approach. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of loan requests, preparing and/or overseeing underwriting memorandums, coordinating collateral evaluation with consultants and personnel, as well as identifying cross selling/referring opportunities of other deposit services.
- Manages and oversees loan/deposit portfolios.
- Perform underwriting, monitoring, reporting and forecasting for energy loans.
- Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate
- Demonstrates solid energy finance product understanding and an excellent understanding of risk profiles in energy borrower's operations and general industry knowledge.
- May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's loan approval process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
- Partner with the Relationship Manager as the point of a contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, Energy support staff and other internal business partners.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established EWB energy credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform other administrative duties required for the maintenance of a portfolio of clients. Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region's marketplace.
- Manage the borrowing base and renewal process by working with the Relationship Manager, client and credit department.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Finance, Management or a related field.
- Preferred completion of a corporate or other formal credit training program.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with a minimum of 1 year of direct portfolio management.
- Strong communication skill set and ability to positively effect a collaborative team environment.
- Strong understanding of credit policy and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate
- loans/credits, evaluates both cash-flow and energy collateral-based loans/credits.
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.