For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Analyst in our El Monte, CA, office. As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the coordination of technical projects by acting as the liaison between the business users and various technology teams, both internal and external. Works closely with business units to gain in-depth understanding of business processes, challenges and requests.
- Perform analysis to identify data requirements and data sources that will be used for all digital banking applications. Solidify the business requirements, and break them down into user stories with clear and concise acceptance criteria.
- Manage project / team backlogs and priorities ensuring the efficient use of development resources.
- Create and document process flows, diagrams, UI mockups, and/or models for the development teams using Visio, MS Word, Excel, PDF, Confluence, SharePoint, and other similar tools.
- Collaborate with IT SMEs to articulate solutions while ensuring the business requirements are met.
- Create test cases, perform testing and effectively raise identified defects to be addressed prior to project deployment.
- Assist in troubleshooting to identify root causes of production issues and communicate to end users accordingly.
- Identify and implement process improvements, making the organization more effective and efficient.
- Enforce established processes, documentation guidelines and best practices.
- Mentor low to mid-level peers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Accounting, or related field. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate experience in the implementation of digital banking platforms
- Strong knowledge of consumer and commercial deposit products, as well as debit, credit, and prepaid cards.
- Working knowledge of lending products from origination to servicing
- Experience supporting CRM is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), and Relational Databases (SQL Server) and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Ability to work equally well on self-managed or team-oriented projects
- Ability to drill down into each business requirement to ensure that what is being asked is actually what is needed and feasible
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills, verbal and written: Ability to clearly and concisely convey information and translate what the user is asking for into a technical form. Expertise in writing functional specification and use cases is required.
- Interviewing, facilitation, organizational and analytical skills necessary to deliver comprehensive, clear and actionable requirements
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Detail oriented, thorough in validation
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Banking product knowledge in core banking products (loans, deposits, forex and money market)
- Knowledgeable in finance and accounting within the banking industry