East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking an In-Store Customer Service Lead. This position will assist customers at the Branch or over the phone with their financial needs such as cash withdrawals, deposits, transfers and loan payments. Supervises Customer Service Representative and provides guidance and approvals as needed.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Customer facing support to provide financial products and services for branch customers in a wide range of banking products and services including safe deposit box management, merchant/vault and ATM processing; foreign currency exchange
- Provides access and information to customers about the many products and services East West Bank offers
- Refers customers to Business Relationship Managers and/or Financial Consultants for needs assessment to cross sell bank products
- Resolves escalated client complaints/issues promptly and effectively
- May assist Manager in training customer services representatives to effectively identify quality referral opportunities and to provide ongoing training regarding sales campaigns, compliance and other bank wide communication as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 4 Years of functional/professional experience
- 1 Year of supervisory or managerial experience
- Strong working knowledge of branch operations required
- Familiarity with standard branch technology and teller equipment
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and customer service skills
- Ability to follow standard operating policies and procedures
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer.