For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a stable but growing organization that provides career path development opportunities within the department or across the Bank.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Performing risk assessments on different business units, as well as assisting business units in performing self-assessments and self-testing
- Working with business lines and support teams on development of action plans to remediate any heightened risk resulting from ERM risk assessments and identify opportunities to improve internal controls; and assist in developing policies and control processes for managing such risk exposures
- Creating entity-wide and department specific policies and procedures as new risk regulations are promulgated or as the business environment changes
- Writing memoranda to ensure the Bank complies with new regulations or justification for the acceptance of risk
- Compiling and monitoring key risk indicators, assessing the need for new indicators depending on the change in the entity’s business or processes
- Preparing presentations for various executive management or Board of Directors’ risk committees.
- Preparing ad-hoc risk management reports as assigned
- Performing comprehensive and well thought-out quantitative analyses and justifying the results and ERM’s conclusion in a logical manner
- Keeping up-to-date with the industry best practice and new regulations
- Assisting in model and risk management governance and administration
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.Qualifications/Requirements:
- More than 15 years of work experience in Risk Management, Internal Audit or Compliance in banking or financial services
- Compliance experience in U.S. and Asia markets
- Experience working effectively with Regulators in US and Asia, and with Executive Management
- Proven experience establishing a compliance program to include corporate-wide risk assessment, law and regulation interpretation and implementation, testing and monitoring.
- A strong understanding of finance/ accounting/business operations, either through educational degree or work experience
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PPT)
- Ability to make sound risk/reward decisions and propose practical solutions
- Ability to translate strategy into executable tasks and produce tangible benefits
- Ability to consciously balance data, logic and intuition in all activities
- Ability to think broadly, generate simple and creative ideas, and to translate strategy to execution
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational and presentation skills
- Proven, proactive approach to problem solving and workflow analysis
- Collaborative team player and demonstrated ability to be flexible and easily shift among various tasks and projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and be able to identify and implement process improvements.
- Self- motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as a team
- Prior experience in risk analysis of financial services companies a plus
- Familiarity with capital stress testing is a plus
- Knowledge of liquidity, market, and capital risks is a plus.