East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst. The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the implementation of an internal Quality Assurance Program. The responsibilities include identification of risk and remediation, performing Quality Assurance reviews and preparing internal QA reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of Loan Operations with focus on data integrity, accuracy of loan documentation and compliance/regulatory and operation processes. This position will also have responsibility for Process Improvement and Project Management.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Support manager in the implementation of a Quality Assurance program within Loan Operations.
- Maintain and define data quality, participate in development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics for quality expectations for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Perform system to system analysis to ensure data reasonableness, generate Quality Control reports to augment Loan Operations Callback process.
- Perform self-testing for all internal audit exceptions, discovery items from Compliance Monitoring, Commercial Loan Documentation and high risk areas that may impact our financial reporting and customer interfacing
- Use spreadsheets and databases to maintain detailed records
- Implement necessary changes within the Loan Operations process and applicable policies due to changes in lending requirements
- Work with Loan Operations Manager to create and validate remediation plans
- Quality Assurance liaison with Compliance and Internal Audit
- Provide updates and training to staff on new and upcoming regulation changes and process improvements
- Provide Project Management oversight for process improvement.
- Ensure all Internal Procedures are updated with new regulations and/or process changes
- Monitor performance indicators and lead continuous improvement
To be considered, we are seeking the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the commercial or residential loan servicing industry
- Minimum 2 years in a quality assurance role, compliance, audit and/or process design role within the loan operations business with experience in data management/quality analytic function
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to design and implement new processes with experience in reengineering disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of controls and risk
- Advanced experience with Microsoft suite of office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience with statistical and analytic concepts
- FIS and LPS system knowledge preferred
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.