East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking a Recruiter. The Recruiter will lead direct-sourcing recruitment activities on assigned projects (typical high-volume sales expansions, business-critical, and/or leadership roles), and will also provide research, sourcing and pre-qualification support as needed for other recruitment projects.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Directly initiate contact with both active and passive job candidates as assigned for specific searches
- Conduct pre-screening phone/ video calls and face to face interviews
- Make effective assessments of candidates’ skills/ experiences and appropriate interview/ hiring recommendations
- Manage the review, pre-qualification, and distribution of incoming resumes submitted via East West Bank website and other sources
- Learn to articulate East West Bank’s value proposition and to create one specific to each assigned recruitment project
- Take all reasonable steps and interact as necessary to provide a positive candidate experience
- Provide other recruitment assistance as requested by the VP of HR, Executives, and Hiring Managers
- Provide related administrative support, scheduling candidate interviews, travel, background checks, drug screens, offer letters, etc. as appropriate
- Other projects as assigned
- 5+ years translatable experience (recruiting, sales, research, etc.), ideally in a financial and/or banking setting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with ICIMS or similar ATS a plus
- Experience working as a recruiter in financial institutions or banking either internally or in an executive search setting
- Demonstrated time management expertise and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Character/ personality traits: Self-starter, confident, outgoing, persuasive, persistent, responsive, accountable
- Able to quickly interpret verbal and non-verbal cues during a conversation
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new information and translate into actionable recruitment-related strategies and activities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, functions, and cultures/ geographies as a basis for developing sourcing strategies and talent acquisition plans
- Works effectively in both individual and team-based settings and projects
- Experience with social networking sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc) as tools for recruiting activities
- Knowledge of advanced Internet searching methodologies
- Formal interview/ selection training experience preferred
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.