For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
We are currently seeking a Recruiter. The Recruiter will lead direct-sourcing recruitment activities on assigned projects (typical high-volume sales expansions, business-critical, and/or leadership roles), and will also provide research, sourcing and pre-qualification support as needed for other recruitment projects.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Directly initiate contact with both active and passive job candidates as assigned for specific searches
- Conduct pre-screening phone/ video calls and face to face interviews
- Make effective assessments of candidates’ skills/ experiences and appropriate interview/ hiring recommendations
- Manage the review, pre-qualification, and distribution of incoming resumes submitted via East West Bank website and other sources
- Learn to articulate East West Bank’s value proposition and to create one specific to each assigned recruitment project
- Take all reasonable steps and interact as necessary to provide a positive candidate experience
- Provide other recruitment assistance as requested by the VP of HR, Executives, and Hiring Managers
- Provide related administrative support, scheduling candidate interviews, travel, background checks, drug screens, offer letters, etc. as appropriate
- Other projects as assigned
- 5+ years translatable experience (recruiting, sales, research, etc.), ideally in a financial and/or banking setting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with ICIMS or similar ATS a plus
- Experience working as a recruiter in financial institutions or banking either internally or in an executive search setting
- Demonstrated time management expertise and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Character/ personality traits: Self-starter, confident, outgoing, persuasive, persistent, responsive, accountable
- Able to quickly interpret verbal and non-verbal cues during a conversation
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new information and translate into actionable recruitment-related strategies and activities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, functions, and cultures/ geographies as a basis for developing sourcing strategies and talent acquisition plans
- Works effectively in both individual and team-based settings and projects
- Experience with social networking sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc) as tools for recruiting activities
- Knowledge of advanced Internet searching methodologies
- Formal interview/ selection training experience preferred