East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China. East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accounting & Reporting Analyst. Responsible for the compilation and analysis of reports that will be used in preparation of both internal and external reporting including regulatory and SEC filings. Responsible for financial statement analysis and working on projects as needed.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Preparation various banking regulatory reports, including the quarterly Call and FRY Report schedules.
- Perform analysis for monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Prepare/review monthly general ledger account reconciliations and prepare journal entries as needed.
- Participate in the month end close process.
- Analyze draft/ newly released regulations and accounting pronouncements and work with reporting group to assess the reporting impact to the bank as well collaborate with both reporting and operations department to create an approach for enabling the bank to effectively meet the new reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial statements, and various schedules used for preparation of quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K filings.
- Prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package.
- Prepare and review various schedules and reports for internal users and external auditors, and assist in the audit of financial statements and related footnotes.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- CPA license or MBA preferred
- At least 3-7 years public accounting and/or public company financial reporting experience
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to regulatory reporting.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well in a team
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Banking/financial institution experience strongly preferred
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer.