East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Analysis and Reporting Manager.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Prepare and review schedules that support all public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings).
- Review and preparation of schedules for various banking regulatory reports, including the quarterly Call and FRY9C, FRYLP, FRY10, FFIEC 009, FRY6, TICs, etc.
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring and interpretation of new SEC/GAAP, Regulatory pronouncements, prepare position papers on the impact to the company and implement the accounting treatments.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both internal reporting package and external filings, and to ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the financial statements.
- Review/prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package.
- Communicate with external auditors, regulators and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
- Manage and provide support to staff
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- Analyze newly released regulatory guidance or SEC/GAAP guidance and assess the reporting impact to the bank as well as create an approach for enabling the bank to effectively meet the new reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Ensure proper documentation of work-papers, which provide details of procedural flow charts, and provide recommendations on processes’ improvements, and recommended corrective action
- At least 8-10 years of public accounting and public company SEC reporting experience.
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Banking experience highly preferred
- Must be team-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline oriented.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to manage people and speak well with others
- Effective presentation, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to partner well with internal customers
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer.