For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a Relationship Manager to help develop, manage & grow a diverse loan and deposit portfolio to meet established individual, departmental and bank's financial goal.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Generate new leads for US-China cross border private equity and private debt firms, that result in incremental loan outstanding, fees, and deposit balances;
- Structure debt solutions that are sufficiently innovative to attract new clients;
- Manage the underwriting, due diligence, documentation and booking process;
- Develop broader relationships by coordinating a complete package of banking solutions, including treasury management products, international banking opportunities, etc.
- Provide customer services during business hours in China
- 6+ years' of banking experience with a minimum of 3 years' of direct portfolio/client management experience and a strong background in the banking private equity firms;
- Strong academic background and analytical skills
- Prior experience in underwriting, portfolio management and business development
- Experience in the dealing with a wide array of corporate clients and the entrepreneurs with different credit structures, an da thorough knowledge of financial services and products;
- Ability to quickly build credibility, close deals and win relationships from competitors in order to generate incremental loan outstanding, fees, deposit balances;
- Understanding of firm structures, and of the respective markets of private equity and debt sub-segments, including fund of funds, energy, venture capital, mezzanine, etc.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
- Demonstrated ability in high level effective communication and presentation skill, including the ability to effect desired results in the back-office and product areas of the bank;
- Highly motivated in becoming a member of a growing business unit with focus on SME and cross-border lending
- Highly develop ability to work and communicate effectively with credit, as well as with all levels or management throughout the organization