Integral part of SEC and Accounting Policy team. Responsible for the review of SEC filings and internal reports. Analyze SEC/GAAP and regulatory guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and review of all public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings).
- Work with the investor relations function on the preparation and review of quarterly earnings materials.
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring and interpretation of new SEC/GAAP, Regulatory pronouncements, prepare position papers on the impact to the company and implement the accounting treatments.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both internal reporting package and external filings, and to ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the financial statements.
- Undertake process improvements within the financial reporting group and work with departments such as Data Management and Integration, Loan Operations, Treasury and Legal to continuously improve the process flow and ensure data completeness and accuracy, and ensure proper documentation of processes and recommend correction actions.
- Review/prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package.
- Communicate with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
- Review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Provide direct support on various special projects.
- Manage, mentor and provide support to staff
- At least 8-10 years of public accounting and public company SEC reporting experience.
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and XBRL Workiva system experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Banking experience highly preferred
- Must be team-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline oriented.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Management experience required
- CPA license required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and at least 8-10 years public accounting and/or SEC financial reporting experience.
Strong verbal and written communication skill. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.