East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking a Financial Reporting Manager. This individual will be an integral part of SEC and Accounting Policy team. Will be responsible to review SEC filings and internal reports, analyze SEC/GAAP, and regulatory guidance.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Prepare and review of all public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings).
- Work with the investor relations function on the preparation of quarterly earnings materials.
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring and interpretation of new SEC/GAAP, Regulatory pronouncements, prepare position papers on the impact to the company and implement the accounting treatments.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both internal reporting package and external filings, and to ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the financial statements.
- Review/prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package.
- Communicate with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
- Review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Provide direct support on various special projects.
- Manage and provide support to staff
- At least 8-10 years of public accounting and public company SEC reporting experience.
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and XBRL. Workiva system experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Banking experience highly preferred
- Must be team-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline oriented.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy and the Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to manage people and speak well with others
- Effective presentation, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to partner well with internal customers
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer.