For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
We are currently seeking a Financial Reporting Manager. This individual will be an integral part of SEC and Accounting Policy team. Will be responsible to review SEC filings and internal reports, analyze SEC/GAAP, and regulatory guidance.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Prepare and review of all public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings).
- Work with the investor relations function on the preparation of quarterly earnings materials.
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring and interpretation of new SEC/GAAP, Regulatory pronouncements, prepare position papers on the impact to the company and implement the accounting treatments.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both internal reporting package and external filings, and to ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the financial statements.
- Review/prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package.
- Communicate with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
- Review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Provide direct support on various special projects.
- Manage and provide support to staff
- At least 8-10 years of public accounting and public company SEC reporting experience.
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and XBRL. Workiva system experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Banking experience highly preferred
- Must be team-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline oriented.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy and the Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to manage people and speak well with others
- Effective presentation, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to partner well with internal customers