For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Financial Analyst. Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Department drives the Company’s annual planning and budgeting cycle and is central to Bank’s executive management reporting, financial forecasts, profitability assessment, and incentive plan performance reporting activities.
- Perform data mining and apply analytics to reconcile large volume data from various operating systems
- Drive research, data mining and model validation efforts pertaining to departmental budgets and profitability application
- Execution of day-to-day financial planning and reporting activities, including, as assigned, executive management reporting, financial budgets & forecasts, profitability assessment, branch and commercial lender performance scorecards, and P&L reforecasting
- Analysis of operational and financial data to identify trends and drivers; summarize conclusions and implications of analysis
- Responsible for routine Hyperion system administrative tasks
- Coordinate with business units to aggregate and analyze data to complete ad-hoc inquiries in timely basis
- Assist in the preparation of clear and concise presentation materials for Senior Management
- Contribute in the creation of an annual budget and quarterly financial forecast for the Bank through strategic mathematical/financial modeling and target-setting processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent majors
- 1+ year of experience in corporate FP&A and/or strategic planning preferred
- Experience with Hyperion planning budgeting system preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong sense of ownership and be able to deliver results within tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Strong team player and be able to thrive in a collaborative team environment