East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking a Portfolio Manager. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management for Wealth Management Department. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of loan requests, recommending structure.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Manages and oversees loan/deposit portfolio for relationship manager/team.
- Cross-sell deposit, trade, treasury management, foreign exchange, private banking, asset management, and other services to our existing client base as well as prospects
- Work with team in reviewing existing credits
- Perform other administrative duties required for the maintenance of a portfolio of clients
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established EWB credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines
- As appropriate to experience, co-manage commercial relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as manage the client relationship
- Responsible for credit risk and quality of the portfolio
- Assist with due diligence/analysis on new client relationships and opportunity memos as appropriate
- Partner with the Relationship Manager/Financial Consultants as the point of a contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the Commercial support staff and other internal business partners
- May provide advice and counsel to clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment, capital markets and general banking trends
- Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts. May assume overall responsibility for the credit quality of the loan portfolio
- May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's Loan Approval Process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits
- Manage the renewal process by working with the Relationship Manager/Financial Consultants, the client, and Credit Department
- May act as a contact manager for non-borrowing accounts and loan clients for matters relating to other banking services
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region's marketplace
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and directly related experience
- Ideally has 5-7 years of banking experience with a minimum of 3-4 years of direct portfolio management experience
- Demonstrates strong underwriting and projection skills
- Has strong understanding of credit policy and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate loans/credits, evaluates both cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits
- Develop problem loan credit solutions.
- Has strong knowledge base in Treasury, FX and Derivative products and have demonstrated abilities in coordinating the resources of the bank to bring effective full service solutions to the company.
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer.