East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California serving consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. With over 130 locations worldwide including California, Texas, New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and Greater China – East West Bank is committed to helping their customers’ enterprises succeed. At East West Bank, we build bridges that provide an important financial link, turning opportunities into growth and prosperity.
We are currently seeking an Information Security Project Manager. The Information Security Project Manager will be working as part of the. Information Security team, within Enterprise IT Risk Management Information Department. In this role, the Information Security Project Manager will led a project to enhance the bank's information security processes in the areas of cybersecurity, including the implementation of privileged access management two factor authentication, enhanced application security processes and programs and oversight of assigned areas of program Management such as privacy and cybersecurity programs.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- The team is looking for an experienced, implementation focused, self-motivated Project Manager to drive one or more key technology projects to completion
- Projects in scope for management will involve industry leading products and technologies in Information Security will have technical project teams, company-wide stakeholders, and project budgets.
- Lead project teams to implement technical projects to specification, on time, and within budget
- Liaise with the company central PMO and .govern projects. in accordance with the company methods, including creation of the prescribed standard project documentation and reporting.
- This role has a central and key role in working with IS, Information Security, Internal Audit, Business Stakeholders, and Regulatory Bodies to ensure the company information security projects assigned are risk 'managed for 'regulatory compliance and in compliance to company standards and policies.
- The scope of the project includes authentication systems, data loss prevention, SIEM and incident response processes, development of policies and programs to support the information security project processes.
- Collaborate effectively with bank entities, customers„ staff, IT colleagues, and vendors to identify general security as well as application and database security related needs.
- Support testing and use cases 'of new systems tools such as multi-factor authentication and privileged access management systems
- Provide status reports of project efforts
- Ensure that consistent and proven information- security practices are employed across all entities in' order to better manage the growing level of cyber security risk
- Regularly provide aggregated view of all the potential risks and vulnerabilities to management
- 4 year degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
- Formal training in project management and/or certification required
- Six or more years in Information Technology and/or information Security, project program management
- Prior experience working in Financial Institutions preferred
- Expertise in.MS Office, MS Visio and MS Project
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Excellent team leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence teams.
- Consistently demonstrates .and follows high standards of integrity in business: decision making:
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think broadly about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of issue and forecast them into the future; understands in general how the Bank IS works and adds /generates value
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles: is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings
- Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer.