For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a SBA Regional Sales Manager. This position is responsible for marketing a full range of banking services to SBA loan eligible businesses with emphasis on client contact, origination, and underwriting. Incumbent will work directly with customers in providing more complex loans associated with the SBA and other federal or state government loan guarantee programs.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
- Generates new business through prospecting, outside calling, networking and referrals. Makes a substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and clients requiring extensive automobile travel.
- Manages and follow up with SBA clients’ portfolios.
- Develops and implements marketing activities within the budgetary constraints established by supervisor. Also works with the Regional Manager and/or Branch Manager to develop and implement marketing plans. Marketing area is designated by the National Sales Manager. Marketing activities outside designated area will require supervisory approval.
- Works to foster new and expand existing customer relationships through cross-selling products and services.
- Develops and maintains a referral source database for both local and the bank overall SBA marketing purposes.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the bank’s credit policy, SBA eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
- Actively participates in local SBA district functions with assigned marketing area.
- Provides management with input regarding current policies and practices.
- Assists the bank in the promotion of all product lines offered in assigned market.
- Generates loans that maintain an acceptable level of performance. Assists special assets and credit services in any requested servicing action within assigned marketing area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. MBA preferred.
- 4-6 years of progressive selling opportunities.
- Good understanding of financial institution departments and activities.
- Demonstrate great customer service via phone and email
- High energy level and ability to sell to customers’ needs.
- Ability to close, prospect and have sales planning
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.