For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $37.7 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for creative, entrepreneurial, team-oriented individuals who bring intensity, integrity, intellectual curiosity and leadership potential to our team. East West Bank is currently seeking a Financial Consultant to work in a fast paced banking environment.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
You will meet personally with clients to assess their financial situation in order to present a financial plan that includes both short and long-term financial goals. Consultants will help clients with financial planning decisions for retirement, education, day-to-day expenses and investments. They will meet regularly with clients to assess how life changes such as marriage, job change or the birth of a child will affect the client's financial plan.
As a valuable East West Bank team member, your duties (not limited to) will include:
- Assessing clients' financial situation by gathering information regarding investments, asset allocation, savings, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning, evaluating risk tolerance;
- Marketing services by asking for referrals from current clients, meeting prospects at community functions, responding to inquiries, developing promotions and presenting financial planning seminars;
- Developing financial strategies by guiding clients to establish financial goals and matching goals to their current situation with appropriate financial plans;
- Obtaining clients' commitment by explaining proposed financial plans and options, explaining advantages and risks, providing explanations, alleviating concerns and answering questions;
- Monitoring clients' financial situation by tracking changes in wealth and life circumstances, analyzing financial plan results, identifying and evaluating new financial strategies and recommending changes in goals and plans;
- Providing financial management information by preparing financial status analyses and reports;
- Updating job knowledge by tracking financial markets, general economic conditions, and new financial products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional and technical publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations;
- Accomplishing organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Possibly required to be licensed to buy and sell financial products such as insurance policies, stocks and bonds;
- Possibly traveling to work during non-traditional hours to meet with clients in their homes or businesses;
- Possibly to offering financial planning classes or seminars to reach out to potential clients;
- Other projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor or graduate degree in accounting, finance, business or management
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Financial Planning/Consulting, Financial Strategy, Analysis and Business
- Financial licenses/state registration as required (Life Insurance, 6, 63 and 7), CFP credential
- Financial Software knowledge
- Experience in Corporate Finance, Financial Diagnosis, Financial Operations a plus